Thursday 23 April 2020

My Amazing Life in Brazil

Hi!!!
I had a cool idea that you can do too to write a piece about a kid my age and my gender but one who  lives where I most want to go: Brazil. So please tuck in and follow 10 year-old Adriana and her twin sister Ana around Brazil which in this story is not all brightly colored parrots.

"Sloth!" was her first word. I should probably actually say theirs as Ana and Adriana said it at the exact same time. Well, nearly the same. They still argue about who said it first because their mother always says " I will never tell who is the oldest girl but what you can know is the oldest was the first to talk."

"Addy! you are sooo immature. Honestly, only a real baby would cry because a 1 year old said they preferred their other sister! A 1 year old is a 1 year old! Seriously they do not have opinions!" Shrieked Ana. "Ma is a lot better at trying to help me if that even is what you're trying to do" Adriana murmured defensively. "Girls, Have you got your toothbrushes? What about those mini packs of toothpaste? You'll need them for the plane! Oh and I read an article about how those types of earplugs can be bad for you so take my fluffy ones. Please???"  Mum was dashing frantically around the house preparing them to go on a plane to the middle of no where (Kind of near the Amazon) for their cousins wedding. She honestly looked like a sped up video.


So every week I will write about this much and they will be like chapters! Did you like the first one?

P.S This is a trial for if people like it and if they do I will write the next chapter!





2 comments:

  1. Wonderful writing Franny!! I am hooked already. Those girls sound like they have great characters and the way they speak to each other sounds just like sisters! Your image of their mother looking like a 'sped up video' works really well, sometimes I feel like that when I am hurrying. I also love that you have used something we have been reading about ie. the Amazon and are making up your own story about it. That is really synthesising the information!!!
    In case you are wondering....
    Synthesising is putting together information from the text with your own prior knowledge to develop new ideas and understandings. It can mean using your new knowledge to create something like a model or a plan....or indeed A STORY!
    Keep up the great work Franny, I can't wait to see what happens next : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ms. Judd!
      I am really happy you liked it!
      The next chapter will be posted soon and I hope you like it as much as you liked this one. Most of my stories that I've written in lock down are in my book so sorry I couldn't post them):
      I am excited to get back to school and start reading the explorer again(: It's cool how we do it on class meetings. I love that book!
      Bye, Franny

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.