Wednesday 4 December 2019

Writing the greatest storm

Sea spray splattered the shiny deck as frantic passengers screamed. “Papa!” I cried as the creaking boat tilted under the pressure of the crashing, monstrous waves.  All I could do was watch as the front half of the the boat plummeted into the depths of the sea never to be seen again. “Papa!” I cried once more. “Papa! Please please don’t die!” The next few miserable hours seemed to drag on forever. Slowly easing down as if deciding they were full the murderous  waves eased down and then the sea was calm again. Calm as if giving us all a happy moment to distract us. Still, depressing music played inside my head. My mother and Papa were gone and my stupid brain had to remind me about it. Of course, they had died. It was no use thinking up possible ways they hadn’t. Magic isn’t possible I reminded myself and even if it was It wouldn’t help me now. They were dead and I was now an orphan...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.