Friday 8 November 2019

Save the elephants story

No one warned me it would happen so soon, there were hints but we were too scared to say it out loud. Until today when everything changed… Elephants have been hunted for years now but my herd was only just attacked today. Slowly, I trudge on, dragging my feet along the dusty crumbling path. I feel like I’m dead. Like I’ve vanished from the earth. I just feel kind of empty… Like a part of me is gone and it is. Years ago my father was killed by creatures wanting his tusks. Defending his herd, he died bravely. Today unexpectedly, my mother had the same terrible thing happen to her. Deep down I know that my parents would have wanted me to continue without them and deep down inside I hope that my story will have a happily ever after...





Startled, a 10 year old girl woke up from a  dream. A horrible, hideous dream. Elephants were being killed, a baby was being tortured from it’s parent’s tragic death. Suddenly, a thought occurred to Nelly. Usually her dreams meant things like when she dreamed about a new teacher at school who let them do art all day and a few months later the same teacher arrived at her real school. But that was different, that was a good thing. “I’ll think about it later.” she thought and she stumbled, grumbling to the kitchen for breakfast. Strangely, as she was having cereal she heard a knock on the door. No one in her family was up yet and she pondered over what to do. “Come in!” she bravely cried out. The most peculiar looking figure approached her. “I am the problem solver or more often called Santa Claus” the figure boomed. “I cannot stop the death of elephants but I can help you…”





The future… In the future everything is blue.  Lapping around bodies, the water is silent. In fact, everything is silent… the problem hasn’t been fixed… dry, hard animal bones scatter the ocean. Humans have developed to this new blue world but some species were far too late. But, this future hasn’t happened yet so we can stop it from happening and save the elephants!!!!




My writing was based on the death of elephants I hope you liked it and are inspired to save the elephants. Comment what your favourite animal is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.