Tuesday 12 November 2019

Green week writing part 1

Plunging down into the bottomless blue, I let myself free of worry, work and stress. There were no problems fogging my brain. Enclosing around me, the blueness seemed to mutter in my ear secrets only the ocean would know. Off in another world, I floated calmly. Drifting away, I concentrated on nothing except happiness so I did not notice that a giant of the blue was lurking right below me. Brushing against the sole of my leather diving shoes, the monster swum carelessly along devouring every shrimp or fish that was unlucky enough to fall into its path. Shaking my head and coming back into focus I suddenly realized that danger was engulfing me. A humongous whale settled under me waiting to strike me because I was a bigger portion and to him a banquet. Becoming dizzy with fear, a thought occurred to me like a candle suddenly lighting in my head. The maximum of a whales meals is the size of a grapefruit. I wasn't going to become it's next meal. Snap! I took a few photos before clambering up onto the boat like Ivy creeping up a rickety fence. I was safe and I had some amazing footage of my adventure in the endless sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.