Friday 9 August 2019

Edmond Hillary writing

This is my writing about being the first person to climb mount Everest. Our class had to do it n three parts- beginning, middle and end. Hope you enjoy!

Shakily, I encased myself in warm gear as I knew the big challenge ahead was going to be very chilly. Nervously, I glanced up at the snowy peaks I just didn't think I could do climb easily.Easily? no It was not just hard it was nearly impossible.Would I be famous if I did it. I couldn't picture myself famous at any rate. "I'll probably die." I thought but it was worth just getting half way

Briskly, I started walking up the mountain, a frosty blanket of snow beneath me wrapping me up only making me colder not warmer like normal quilts. Shivering, I waved to a mountain goat that just stared back at me with those wide, cold eyes. Later up it  got much harder but still I trudged on. Maybe I was walking i circles for I felt like I was ploughing through the same place over and over. Maybe it was just too big a challenge.

Finally, I reached the highest peak. I had made it!!! I had made it to the top of mount Everest!!! Was there anything I couldn't do? I was breathless and I knew I only had a few moments of air left but I felt wonderful!  Gazing down at the world was the most amazing feeling I just don't know how to describe  it. 

So do you think you may do this some day?

2 comments:

  1. Hi there franny,my name is William from room 23 & I really admired your writing about Sir Edmund Hillary. Have you tried showing us a photo of Sir Edmund Hillary?
    But anyway you did a marvelous job with your work.

    You should check out my blog (https://odswilliamk.blogspot.com/)
    Blog you later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi William,
    Thank you for your comment.
    I loved doing this!!
    Have you ever done it?
    I will add a picture of him next time.
    Bye, Franny

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.