Thursday 16 April 2020

Sharing my opinion

This is my lock down writing and if you agree or disagree please comment your opinion.

Dear Parents of New Zealand,
I think that It’s okay for every child to have some screen time every day while lock down is going on.
My first reason is that if there are 28 days of lock down and an average movie is about 2 hours long. So if you watch 1 movie every day the total screen time is 56 hours which if you think about it can not really damage the brain much and with off days then the total is much less.
My second reason is if you think about Easter and all the chocolate you eat, It seems like that shouldn’t count it because the day is (For some people) like it’s celebrating chocolate and after it you should just go back to normal amounts. You might be wondering: “How does chocolate relate to screen time?” Well if you think about it if you wanted to give lock down something that it celebrates you could give it screen time like Easter has chocolate. So the screen time you have in lock down doesn’t count either.
And finally my last reason is why I am not counting educational screen time and this is because it actually teaches you and you interact so the damage to your brain that it makes can be weighed out with the good stuff pouring in.
So next time you stop your kid watching something please consider your decision.



3 comments:

  1. Franny you are very clever at justifying watching movies and eating chocolate!! I love your closing sentence, I do think that the amount of movies watched depends on the quality of them though, do you agree?
    I hope you and your family are doing some interesting walks, I have walked around some streets that I have never walked before in my neighbourhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written Franny, you sure know how to make an argument! Maybe you should answer my "Dream Job" blog post - I think you would make a great lawyer with your persuasive skills. Have you seen any good movies during lockdown? Maybe you can suggest one that we might like watch and give your reasons why - this would be another chance to use your persuasive skills! bye : )

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.